Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Damage Control

This weekend I ate crap (okay, not crap. chimichangas. movie theater popcorn. a real soda. and a corn dog.) and forgot to take my blood pressure medicine which all resulted in a weight gain last week. It also resulted in my face breaking out something horrible on Monday. So far, this week has been better.

There was a potluck at work on Tuesday and I managed to resist all of the tempting homemade goodies. I don't cook much at home so I am always tempted to eat until I'm ready to pop when there is a potluck.

I'm making better choices whether grocery shopping or eating at the cafeteria at work. I bet I have eaten the weight of a small toddler in mushrooms and broccoli since Monday. Something that really helps is getting up early enough to have a bite of breakfast. Two packages of instant cheese grits and I'm on my way without being tempted by the sweet hamlets (hold the egg!) that tempt me when I drive past The King on my way to work. If I sleep in too late to take 10 minutes for grits, I will get a couple of slices of sandwich turkey and a piece of string cheese.

I miss eating junk food. But I like the way that I'm starting to feel more than I miss it.

5 comments:

SagaciousHillbilly said...

I like the idea of putting your goals and progress out there for the world to see. It kinda makes me stick with it.
Stop by my place and check out my low carb progress.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what kind of rules your workplace might have... but I eat my packets of oatmeal at my desk once I get to work. It means I don't have to rush to snarf down breakfast at home and I can eat a filling, oatey breakfast slowly while I check my email.

utenzi said...

It's weird. I never feel different when I stay away from bad foods. I don't know why I can't notice a difference in myself, but I never do.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

I never realized how wonderful breakfasts at home were until I met my husband. It's worth waking up earlier!

rennratt said...

I have to avoid Bojangles and Chic Fil-A like the Plague these days. I swear they sweeten their food with crack!